Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

The Princess and the Goblin (Puffin Classics)

The Princess and the Goblin (Puffin Classics) - George Macdonald For some reason Princess Irene's age surprised me. Like, I know this is a children's book and thus it (logically) stars children, but the cover makes her look about 12-14. She's actually something like 6-8(?) and very much that perfect Victorian "innocent child" ideal that makes me want to throw up.There's a whole thing about how every little girl can be a princess, though, not just the ones born into it, so it's not AS annoying as it could be. It's actually almost subversive-- Irene's not a perfect kid because she's royalty, she's perfect because she's got the "princess" attitude. Curdie's likewise a prince, despite being born a miner's son. So that's kinda sticking it to the people who think only the nobility can be, well, noble! Which is neat.Read the rest of my review here!

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild