Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir)

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) - I'm not a subscriber to Jenny Lawson's blog (The Blogess), though I don't really know WHY I'm not. Anyway, when her memoir, Let’s Pretend This Never Happened, was first released last year I thought it might be something I'd like to read. I visited her blog, read about twenty posts, put the book on my wishlist and then forgot about it (as happens all too frequently with me). However, the paperback is coming out this month, and when a nice person at Berkley Books offered me a copy to review-- I jumped at it!Wouldn't you? I mean, Jenny Lawson is FUNNY. I don't think I've laughed this much while reading a book since the first time I read one of David Sedaris's books. It actually does remind me a lot of David Sedaris's stories, this book, but less...stylized? Or maybe MORE FRIENDLY is what I mean.Read the rest of my review at my blog!

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild