Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer This mini-review was originally posted at Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog on March 18, 2012.I got this because it was $0.25 and because I thought the movie version looked interesting. I’d actually tried reading another of JSF’s books before ( Everything Is Illuminated) and it didn’t work out, so I was a bit worried about how I’d find this one. But I LOVED it– it’s funny, and sad, and quirky enough to keep my interest without necessarily being over-the-top (though maybe the grandparents were a bit over-the-top), and overall I just really enjoyed reading it. I think this is the sort of book that either people love or people find really annoying, and maybe if I had been in a different mood I wouldn’t have liked it as much as I did. Who knows!

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild