Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

The Haunting of Tabitha Grey

The Haunting of Tabitha Grey - Vanessa Curtis Yay: Ghosts! Creepy old houses with vaguely unhappy pasts. Suspense and thrills and chills. "Am I insane or is everyone else?" Hints of stuff that's not-quite-right adding up to an unexpected ending. Nay: Nobody but Tabitha really has a personality. She's got a boyfriend and a best friend but they're useless and boring. Verdict: Despite the lackluster support cast, the story is spooky and interesting and kept me reading all the way through 'til the end. I didn't expect the ending, though neither did it come out of left field. The ghosts were genuinely spooky though nothing along the lines of a Stephen King novel. And I liked that Tabitha was just a normal kid who had normal problems.

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild