Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

Picture the Dead

Picture the Dead - Adele Griffin, Lisa Brown I've been wanting to read this book for AGES so imagine how happy I was to a) get a signed copy at ALA and b) that it turned out to be AWESOME. This is set during the Civil War, and there are ghosts and conspiracies and interesting historically-accurate bits (including early Spiritualism, one of my interests) and the art is lovely and the protagonist has a scrapbook! And she steals stuff to stick in it! The ending was completely surprising, but in a good way if you know what I mean. It's both sad and happy, and I liked it a lot. The book as a whole is very good, and I'll definitely read whatever else Adele Griffin and/or Lisa Brown write!

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild