Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen

Julie and Julia : 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen - Julie Powell It’s a fine enough memoir. It covers the important parts of the year Julie Powell spent cooking from [b:Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol. 1|129650|Mastering the Art of French Cooking (Vol. 1)|Julia Child|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1333577773s/129650.jpg|2897158], and it delves deep into introspection and feelings and etc.– not just facts and events, in other words. There’s humor, and a few excellent sentences that made me want to roll around like a puppy in the sunshine, and though it’s not the best memoir I’ve ever read, neither is it the worst.Also, it made me REALLY hungry.Read the rest of my review at my blog!

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild