Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

My Life in France

My Life in France - Julia Child, Alex Prud'Homme I read this partly because of [b:Julie Julia|13747|Julie and Julia 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen|Julie Powell|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1166572517s/13747.jpg|3338312], but also because I love memoirs written by people who’ve done amazing things. I didn’t grow up watching Julia Child on TV and I barely knew who she was before reading/watching Julie & Julia, but now that I’ve read [b:My Life in France|5084|My Life in France|Julia Child|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320415962s/5084.jpg|1602216] I definitely want to know MORE.She had such a vivacious personality! It comes out in full force in her book, so much so that I could almost hear her voice as I read about her learning how to cook at the Cordon Bleu or testing a million different variations of the same recipe for her opus, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. She was a tough lady who worked hard to accomplish her goals, but the way she tells it, her success was practically accidental. Ha! Nobody who could survive learning to cook with a half dozen salty old military dudes, moving from country to country, writing an entire cookbook basically by hand for what seemed like a million years, and dealing with aggrivating naysayers ever got her success by accident.Read the rest of my review at Here There Be Books.

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild