Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

Ethan of Athos (Vorkosigan Saga)

Ethan of Athos - Lois McMaster Bujold [...] Ethan of Athos, one of the Vorkosigan books not starring Miles or one of his family members. It’s a reverse “planet of women” story, only I didn’t figure that out until about 30% in when I read another reviewer’s notes. I don’t think it’s NECESSARY to know this stuff, btw, in order to enjoy any of these books. But it probably helps if you want to dig deeper into what’s going on in the writing/story.Anyway, I liked [b:Ethan of Athos|990093|Ethan of Athos (Vorkosigan Saga, #3)|Lois McMaster Bujold|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1351190479s/990093.jpg|2030693]. The characters made the book for me; Ethan’s a great protagonist not only because he’s totally weird (he’s terrified of women!) but he also goes through great shifts in his beliefs. In a very realistic way, too!Read the rest of my review here.

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild