Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

Abhorsen (The Abhorsen Trilogy)

Abhorsen - Garth Nix I have put off reading this for AGES, and furthermore I think I started reading it once before and then put it down. The first half of the story was VERY familiar, so much so that I wondered if I’d actually read the WHOLE book and just forgotten.This is my favorite kind of Garth Nix story: excellent writing, wonderful characters, exciting and emotional storyline, and lots of interesting worldbuilding stuff! I’m sad that this is the end of the Abhorsen trilogy (though I think there’s still a book of short stories left?) but reading it was a wonderful experience! Yay, [a:Garth Nix|8347|Garth Nix|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1207583754p2/8347.jpg]!(This mini-review was originally posted here.)

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild