Here There Be Books (BL)

I love books with great characters who go on adventures and/or solve mysteries re: invading aliens/vampires/etc. I blog about those books at Here There Be Books!

This is the BookLikes thingy for HTBB.

Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green Originally posted on July 5, 2010 at Here There Be Books.I'm basically in love with John Green's books, and while I've never read a David Levithan book I was still pretty sure I'd really like this one they've done together. And I did! And there's the rub, because I'm not sure how to do my review. Gushing my affections all over the place is all well and good, but doesn't make for a very interesting post. I've done lists before when this problem sprung up in other books, but I don't want to repeat myself too often. So how should I review Will Grayson, Will Grayson? I suppose I'll have to do it in a vague sort of way, and leave you to your own devices afterwards.It's got all the stuff I like in it. Strong characters, witty dialogue, fun adventures, social situations that make me go "ouch" because I've been there myself, drama without going overboard, MUSICALS. Sure, the end was sort of ridiculous beyond all belief but if I pictured it as a movie directed by whoever did Mean Girls it could work. Sort of. And even if it didn't, I had so much fun reading Will Grayson, Will Grayson that even the stuff that didn't work for me all that much was crushed under the onslaught of FUN TIMES that everything else was.Soooo, if you like John Green's books (and David Levithan's, I guess), you'll like this book. If you've never read either author this might be a good place to start (although I'm sure some people will say to start with Looking for Alaska instead. It's sort of like JG's opus). And if you want to have a FUN TIME READING, so much fun it makes you want to type in ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME, then Will Grayson, Will Grayson is the book for you!

The Kingdom of Little Wounds
Angel Lawson
Countdown City
Ben H. Winters
Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales
Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong, Rick Yancey, Neil Gaiman, Carrie Ryan, Saladin Ahmed, Melissa Marr, Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, Tim Pratt, Gene Wolfe, Garth Nix, Charles Vess
Hild